Helping Your Business Get Found In The Search Engines
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can increase the chances that people who are searching for services you offer will click on your business’s website or visit your physical location. This can lead to an increase in phone calls, online inquiries, and foot traffic for your business.
Additionally, SEO can help to establish credibility and trust for your business, as people often view businesses that appear at the top of the search results as more reputable and authoritative. Being found on the first page of Google is important for local service businesses, as people often rely on these businesses for important services such as home repairs, healthcare, and legal advice.
The types of SEO services I provide include:
- Technical SEO: This is the practice of optimizing the technical aspects of your website in order to improve its visibility and ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Local SEO: This is the practice of optimizing a website and online presence to rank highly for local search queries. Local SEO is vital if your business serves a specific geographic area.
- On-page SEO: This is the practice of optimizing the content and source code of individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in the search engines.
Optimizing your website to help search engines crawl and index your site more effectively.
Some of the key elements of Technical SEO include:
- Crawlability: If your website has technical issues that prevent search engines from crawling its pages, they will not be indexed by the search engines.
- Indexability: If your website’s pages are not being indexed, they will not be included in the search results.
- Website speed: A slow-loading website can negatively impact its search rankings. It is important to compress and resize your images so that they load quickly.
- Mobile-friendliness: With the increasing number of people accessing the internet from mobile devices, it is important that your website is optimized for mobile in order to rank well in the search results.
- Security: If your website does not have a valid SSL Certificate and is not secure (i.e., not using HTTPS) it may be penalized by search engines.
By fixing any technical issues and optimizing your website’s structure and content, you can improve your search rankings and attract more organic traffic.
Optimizing your website and online presence to rank well for local search queries is known as Local SEO.
This can include optimizing your website’s on-page content and structure, as well as building local citations and backlinks from other websites. Local SEO is especially important for service area businesses because it can help you target local customers who are in need of your services.
There are several key elements that are typically included in a Local SEO campaign, including:
- Claiming and optimizing your local business listings on websites like Google My Business, Yelp, and Bing Places.
- Including local keywords in your website’s content and meta tags
- Building local citations and links from other websites, such as local directories and chamber of commerce websites.
- Encouraging customers to leave online reviews on your local business listings
By optimizing for Local SEO, you can improve your visibility in local search results and attract more leads from your local area.
Improving the content of your individual web pages in order to help your website rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
Some of the key elements of on-page optimization include:
- Title tags: The text that appears in the search engine results pages (SERPs) as the title of a listing. It should be a concise and accurate description of the page’s content.
- Meta descriptions: A brief summary of the page’s content that appears in the SERPs. It should be compelling and accurately describe the page’s content in order to encourage users to click on the listing.
- Headings: Help to structure the content on a page and make it easier for users to read. They also give search engines an idea of the main topics covered on the page.
- Content: Should be high-quality, relevant, and informative. Your content should also include relevant keywords, but should not be stuffed with keywords.
- Images: Optimizing your images with alt tags and descriptive file names can help search engines understand the content on a page and improve its ranking.
By optimizing the on-page elements of your website, you can improve your search rankings and attract more relevant traffic.
Every website I build begins with keyword research.
Ready to get started?
Contact me today to learn how a new website can help grow your business.